5. Combine a water hose and pool brush for maximum deck cleaning efficiency.6. Stop stripping your screw heads by using a well placed rubber band. 7. It’s truly amazing how many things you can do with toothpaste. 8. Keep your air freshened without having to spray every few minutes. 9. WD-40 is right up there with duct tape. Good for squeaky doors, stuck windows, removing crayons from walls, the list goes on. 10. If you don’t feel like sanding and refinishing those scratches on wooden furniture, ask mother nature to lend you a walnut.
“Dummy text enables you to fill your site with test content, so to speak. Instead of bare pages, you’ll be able to see how it’ll look at some point when you’ve published dozens of articles.”
When you think of your average rock star, you probably picture him living in a multi-million dollar mansion, surrounded by luxury items galore. But rather than be bothered with flashy art work, a one-of-a-kind wine cellar, or a pricy infinity pool, Michigan native Kid Rock prefers to keep it real. Real simple, that is.
The multi-platinum artist, who’s sold more than 26 million albums across the globe, hangs his cowboy hat inside a doublewide trailer he placed on the 102 acres he owns outside of Nashville, Tennessee.
During The Big Interview with Dan Rather, the artist, whose music spans hip-hop, country, rap, and rock-n-roll, invited the longtime journalist inside his “troublewide.” There, he offered a glimpse into the “simple” life and explained why he enjoys his unconventional residence so darn much.
“I live in a doublewide trailer,” he told Rather. “It’s not like I require a lot. You know, I’ve learned to downsize through the years and it’s really made me more happy.”
So, just what is it about this trailer-living that’s got the “Born Free” singer so enthralled?
“It comes in two weeks,” he told Rather. “I’m a very impatient person. It comes delivered to the door in two weeks. You can customize a few things in there as you go along. You can put a cool wrap on it. I wrapped mine in mossy oak. Very easy to clean. Simplicity at its finest.”
Those wishing to catch a glimpse of the trailer Kid Rock calls home need look no further than the musician’s latest video “Po-Dunk,” released on July 13, in which his residence makes a prominent appearance. “It’s a great conversation piece,” said the rocker, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie.
Sure, he’s got plenty of land, but with all his money, wouldn’t Kid want to spread out a bit when he’s indoors? Apparently not. While visiting friends in his industry, the musician has certainly seen some impressive homes, but rather than make him reconsider his decision to life humbly, it only reinforces it.
“You go to these houses and I go, ‘Where do you start in this thing?’ Like, ‘How many times do you use the movie theater?’ I’ve built one. I maybe went in there once. Usually, because I was too drunk and couldn’t find the bedroom. It’s just like a freakin’ maintenance nightmare,” the “Bawitdaba” singer told Rather.
The Grammy nominee may also be a bit sour on splashy homes these days after recently selling the Malibu estate he purchased in 2006 for a $2.1 million loss, according to The New York Post.
(Unless he dips it in gold, he’ll never take a hit like that on a doublewide!)
But the ability to replace his home should anything happen to it probably ranks highest among the attributes he likes best about it.
“If that trailer burns down or blows off the mountain, order another one,” he said. “It’ll be here in two weeks.”
And there you have it. Real estate wisdom from an unexpected source. If Rock ever gets bored with music, he’s got a great career ahead of him as a doublewide salesman.
- Choose the right hardwood floor options.
- Appropriate border molding is a must.
- Tile patterning offers a sense of visual flow. Which flow do you prefer?
- Antique chairs can add a unique element to your home. What backings work best with your decor scheme?
- While you’re at it, remember to consider the leg styles.
- Upholstery yardage and color for stools, sofas, and chairs make the lounging scene.
- How many can your dining table seat? Adjustable tables might be preferable for space management.
- Take sofa specialization to the next level by carefully considering the shape and its appeal.
- The appropriate headboard helps visually set the tone of your sleep (or other bed leisure) experiences.
- When planning out your room setup, it is important to consider average furniture and space dimensions and how they go together.
- Plants add a living decoration dynamic to your home. Knowing the best growing conditions for them will help them help you even better.
- When you aren’t staring at the flames, a lovely mantle setup can really add to the ambiance.
- Pillow and bed styling is visually appealing as much as physically comfortable.
- Having appropriate lampshade shape can add an extra dimension to the mood of a room.
- Hanging the curtains high and wide is good for taller ceilings.
- The type and style of window covering is also important to consider.
- With art, it’s important to consider the print size, wall layouts, and hanging styles to ensure that visual appeal is maximized.
- The appropriate sizing and location of a rug can make all of the difference.
- When choosing the color scheme of your home, understanding the psychology of colors, as well as how to combine them and what undertones to use, can really help at a fundamental level.
- Even knowing the best finishings for the best areas can help in your scheme.
- One way of getting the finer details down is measuring and planning your lampshade size and fittings.
- What light switch style best matches your room?
- Even the bulb style, wattage, and color can have an effect on a room’s overall experience.
- Finally, you can also consider the micro details such as choosing a screw style that will best fit your walls.